1/31/09

Departing Macau

It was quick yet it was fun. I enjoyed every moment I am with my mom in Macau. I hope that this will not be my last time here in Macau. I would definitely go back here because I wanted to visit Coloane and Taipa. Macau is just part of this amazing administrative region of China and I believe there is still much to discover in the CoTai Strip.

It was a beautiful morning and so we decided to have our breakfast in Hotel Sintra's restaurant. The food was delicious and I must say that their siopao was well done. I loved the native egg and the dumplings which were the reasons why I came back several times on the buffet table. I had a full stomach when we went back in our hotel room so I went straight to the bathroom and meditated. When I was done, there was still time before our flight back to Manila so we decided to check the t-shirt store if it was already open. Unfortunately, it was too early and most establishments around San Ma Lo were still closed so we went back to the hotel, got our bags and went to the airport.

When we were on the way to the airport, we saw a wedding car behind us and it was lovely. We also saw this big Macau Grand Prix Control tower with a date that said 11/13-16/2008. If we were there a month later then I guess we were about to head home while the grand prix spectators were arriving.
So anyway, we arrived at the Macau Int'l Airport safely even if it was the second time that we experienced a fast cab driver. We were early so we waited just across the check-in counter while reading some of the brochures we got. I was about to walk around the airport when one of the guards there called my attention. I thought I did something wrong but it turns out he was a kababayan who assumed I was also a Filipino because of my color and my rosary bracelet (was I that obvious?). He helped us with our baggage and our check-in was a breeze.
After waiting for a few hours, we boarded the Tiger Airways plane bound for Manila. We did not buy the food that they were offering since we learned our lesson from day one. We just took a nap and after a few hours, we safely arrived in Manila NAIA terminal 1. We claimed our baggage and headed straight to the exit to get a cab. We got a very bad one just outside the metal railings in NAIA 1 because he said that it was metered when in fact it was not since he showed us a fare matrix. Php900 from Pasay to Caloocan?! That was ridiculous! We told him to drop us off immediately, he did not comply so I opened the cab door and that was when he obliged. Luckily, we got another cab and the driver was WAAAAY better than the former. After a few hours of travel, we got home and my mom even added tip on top of the fare. It was nice to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment